Effective January 1, 2016
Thank you for visiting The LARK, a Columbia Hospitality, Inc. (CHI) site. To demonstrate our commitment to respecting your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on our websites.
On our websites we collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to provide services and products, process reservations and other transactions you request, and provide customer service. We may also use the personal information we collect for other business purposes such as to better understand customer needs, enhance relationships, or make appropriate offers.
Categories of Information We Collect
- Making Reservations: When you make a reservation or purchase a vacation package we will request your name and address information along with other information to assist with your reservation and stay such as credit card number, date of arrival/departure, and room preferences.
- Requests for Information: When you request additional information related to our services or properties, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address.
- Email Offers Sign-Up: If you are interested in receiving special offers via email, we require that you provide your first name and email address. You may also provide additional information such as your city of residence, birthday, or interests, to help us tailor our special offers.
- Planning Meetings and Events: If you are interested in obtaining more information about meeting and event planning, we may request your name and contact information such as street address, phone number, and email address.
- Contacting Us by Email with Questions or Comments: When you send us an email from one of our sites, we may retain information such as the content, your email address, our response, and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. We may use this information, for example, to measure how effectively we address customer concerns online, to personalize your experience, and to continuously improve our service to you.
- Employment: If you choose to apply for employment online, you will be required to provide your name, street address, telephone number, email address and any other information required on a standard employment application.
- Collection of Information Through Web Technologies: We may automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, the type of computer and type of web browser you are using and use "cookies" to (i) customize content specific to your interests, (ii) ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and (iii) store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you use the sites. Some of the websites operated on our behalf are hosted and managed by other companies who may track and collect this information.
Information on Cookies
- Your Choice to Accept or Deny Cookies: You can choose whether to accept or deny cookies; your browser on your computer is often initially set to accept cookies. However, you can choose to deny cookies and continue browsing the sites. Keep in mind that your choice to accept or deny a cookie is different from your choice to accept/deny email messages.
Sharing Personal Information Collected on our Websites
We may share personal information among CHI affiliates and owners and operators of our managed hotels and facilities. From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor. When you use a credit card to purchase goods or services, we may share your information with the credit card company. Use of shared information is subject to third parties' policies. We rely on service providers to help us deliver products and services, such as providing services in connection with our websites including reservations, airline and rental car packages, communicating news and delivering promotional materials via email and direct mail, processing credit card transactions, and administering sweepstakes and surveys.
During the course of our business, we may also share aggregated and share with third parties demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable.
- Business Transactions: In the event that CHI, merges with or is acquired by another legal entity, the personal information subject to this party may be transferred to that other legal entity as an asset.
- Legal Requirements: CHI will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by law, or is necessary or desirable to investigate or protect against harmful activities to guests, visitors, employees, or others, or to property (including this site). We may require you to provide your age and date of birth in order to ensure compliance with U.S. government restrictions on web sites providing content to, and acquiring information from, children.
Third Party Websites
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. CHI does not encourage children to provide us with their personal information over our websites. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.) ("COPPA"), we do not collect or maintain personally identifiable information over our websites from anyone we know to be under the age of 13.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent loss, destruction, unauthorized access or alteration, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee that security of all communications with or information submitted to our websites.
Special Notification for California Residents
Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to CHI may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at the following address: Attn Privacy Protection, 2220 Alaskan Way, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98121. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address what is specified in this paragraph.
Site Security Statement
We want our website www.palmmountainresort.com (hereinafter identified as the "Site") visitors to feel confident about using our Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. All personal information you provide is encrypted and secure.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”). While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully. The Booking Engine Vendor participates in the VeriSign Secure Site Program, a top security certification program, and:
- Has a VeriSign Secure Server ID.
- All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
Protecting your information
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. Hotel has implemented a security program with its web design and maintenance firm to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access.